is a high-volume point-of-use water purifier with built-in safe storage that provides safe drinking water for community, educational and institutional settings. It prevents waterborne disease such as diarrhea, typhoid, cholera, worms, and cryptosporidiosis.
Features & Benefits:
* Can purify between 70,000 -100,000* liters of water, enough to serve community settings for several years
* Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
* Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
* Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
* Hollow fibre filtration technology converts contaminated water into safe drinking water
* Meets the standard for the “highly protective” category of household water treatment options by the World Health Organization and complies with US EPA guidelines for microbiological water purifiers
* 25 liter dirty water tank and 25 liter safe storage tank: total capacity of 50 liters
* Filtration rate: 12 liters/hour
* Made of durable plastic
* Doesn’t require electrical power or batteries
How LifeStraw Community Works:
* 25 liters of untreated water is poured into the top of the unit, also called the dirty water container.
* The pre-filter removes coarse particles larger than 80 microns.
* The ultrafiltration hollow-fibre membrane cartridge, located inside the main dark blue body of the filter, then stops all turbidity particles and pathogens larger than 20 nanometers (including all bacteria, viruses and protozoan cysts). Particles and microbes larger than 20 nanometers stay on the dirty side of the membrane and clean/purified water passes through the membrane.
* Purified water can be collected from any of the four taps.
* The blue tap is turned to release purified water.
* The backwashing handle allows semi-automatic backwashing; when it is pulled down and released, pathogens and dust particles on the dirty side of the membrane are lifted by back pressure and then flushed out into the red backwash container.